Called, “One of the most significant music events of the year.” (DMagazine – 2013), Fort Worth Opera’s Frontiers showcase is breaking the mold of the traditional operatic experience by inviting patrons to experience new and innovative work at the beginning stages of an opera’s creation.
Fort Worth Opera will host the fourth annual opera showcase, Frontiers, May 4 – 5, 2016, during the last week of the 2016 Fort Worth Opera Festival.
Eight selected works will be presented in the intimate setting of the Kimbell Art Museum’s Kahn Auditorium. The 20-minute excerpts, sung by artists from the 2016 Fort Worth Opera Festival with piano accompaniment, will be offered in two separate showcases of four works each on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 6:00pm – 8:00pm and Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Interested and qualified candidates can obtain the submission information and address by contacting Nathan DePoint at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only 15-25 minutes of a composition will be considered and all works must be submitted by 11:59 pm May 31, 2015.
Between six and eight compositions will be selected for participation in the 2016 Frontiers showcase. There is a $20 US application fee.
Applications must consist of:
- Piano/Vocal score for the selection ONLY (15-25 minutes of music)
- Libretto for the selection ONLY (additional English translation if the work is in another language)
- Synopsis of the entire work
- Recorded sample of the selection ONLY. These can be piano/vocal recordings (preferred), midi recordings, orchestral recordings, but must be converted into an mp3 or similar format before uploading.
- Note: All composer/librettist names must be removed from the submission materials for blind evaluation by the panel
- Submission PDF